Monday 1 May 2017

May #BookHaul & TBR

This month, I have another mixed bag of books which I am really looking forward to. Again, they're from my local library and you can click on the cover images for more info.



But before I get to my to-read list, I just want to let you know that I have a new novel out!! It's available to download from Amazon Kindle (free on Kindle Unlimited). Click on the link below to visit the book page on this blog to learn more about this book:

If I Say Yes (Love & Alternatives, Book 1)

Here are the links to the Amazon pages: Kindle US  |  Kindle UK
 
Now, back to my book haul.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

 

What drew me to this book was the cover ~ I'm a sucker for cool covers and this book definitely had that. But the blurb made me think that this wasn't going to be the type of book that I'd find to be original and unique. Then I remembered that one of my favourite BookTubers had enjoyed reading this book and the cover (the one in my library) had Cassandra Clare describing it as "haunting and dreamlike" so I decided to give it a go.

Next, After You by Jojo Moyes

 
  
This is the sequel to Me Before You, which I planned to read... before I watched the film adaptation on my flight to Bangladesh in February! Oops. I wasn't blown away by the film but I got the feeling the book is much better and I wish I'd read it first. Having watched the film though, I have no plans to read Me Before You now but I do want to find out what happens to the female lead after... well, You.

Also on my reading list this month is Prophecy by S.J. Parris



This book is a spy thriller set in Elizabethan times and is Cityread London's book of 2017. Cityread London is a charity that supports London's libraries and encourages Londoners to read books.

Next up, The Vatican Princess by C.W. Gortner

 

I wanted to try something a little different and the blurb to this book seemed like it could be just that. I haven't read historical fiction for a while, and nothing set in fifteenth century Italy as I believe this book is, so I am looking forward to digging into this one.

Delirium by Lauren Oliver is also on my to-read pile this month.
 
 

I'm not too sure what this book is about ~ the blurb is very vague; something about the cure for love ~ but it sounded interesting enough and I've heard good things about it on BookTube so I'm keeping an open mind and hoping this risk of a pick pays off.

Kishwar Desai's Witness the Night was on the Librarians Recommend shelf so I picked it up.

 

This is a mystery set in North India and will be the first India-based novel of this type for me, so I'm excited to see where it goes. It also won the Costa First Novel Award so I know it will be a good read.

Finally, The Falconer by Elizabeth May

 
 
All I know about this book is that it's set in Scotland, 1844, and its about Fae.

Sarah J. Maas (author of the Throne of Glass series and the Court of Thorns and Roses series, both about Fae/Faeries) is quoted as enjoying this debut novel so I'm in. I wonder how it will compare to Maas's books, which I love...

I will review these reads at the end of the month for you, so make sure to come back for that :)


Thank you for reading this post. If you're interested in my debut novel, click the image below to learn more about it:
 


Like all my other books, it's also available on:
iBooks   |   B&N Nook   |   Kobo |   Smashwords 


Book Details

Length: 110,000 words
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Clean Romance / Diverse Romance / Interracial Romance / Romantic Drama / Women’s Fiction
Mood: Inspirational / Feel Good / Coming of Age / Dark
Content: Sexy but No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: New Adult & College / Adult / Female Readers

Recommended for: Readers that enjoy romance novels with serious issues and characters with depth. This is a story about life, love, friendship, family, music, art, destiny and soul mates.


And the first two books in my teen urban fantasy/YA paranormal romance series, the Poison Blood series, can be downloaded for free via:

Amazon USAmazon UK|   iBooks US & UK   |   B&N Nook Store   |   Smashwords




PB1 Book Details

Length: 29,000 words
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance / Teen Vampire Romance / Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy / Teen & YA Urban Fantasy / Young Adult Science Fiction & Fantasy / Supernatural Romance / Fantasy Romance
Mood: Dark / Humorous / Coming of age
Content: No violence / No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: Teen / Young Adult / New Adult / Adult
Recommended for: Readers that love all things vampires, slayers and witches!