Monday 3 July 2017

July #BookHaul #amreading

This month, I'm looking forward to reading two highly anticipated reads of mine. The first being This Was a Man by Jeffrey Archer, the seventh and final book in the Clifton Chronicles (from my local library):






The other is A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses #3. I bought the entire trilogy from Amazon so I could re-read books 1 and 2 before delving into the third novel:



I also thought I'd catch up on some of the e-books I've downloaded in the last few months but never got around to reading. And these are as follows (click on the cover images for info on these books):

Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands #1) by Sarah Fine

 

This YA urban fantasy is about a young girl's journey into hell to rescue her friend. Sounds interesting and I'm intrigued to see the author's take on hell.

Next, The Concealed (Lakewood Series #1) by Sarah Kleck

 
  
This is another YA urban fantasy, and this time, it seems to be a modern take on Arthurian legend. I haven't read much about King Arthur or Merlin, so I'm looking forward to getting through this.

Also on my Kindle App is Touched (Touched #1) by Elisa S. Amore



You've guessed it, another young adult fantasy series opener. From the stunning cover, you can tell it's about angels. But not any old angel, the angel of death! It's a huge self-publishing success, and I recently read an article about how the author, before she started writing this series, couldn't afford a laptop. Her husband bought one for her as a Christmas present, for which he had to pay in monthly instalments.

Next up, Cinder & Ella by Kelly Oram

 

This is a young adult slash new adult modern-day retelling of Cinderella ~ a contemporary romance, in other words ~so I guess I know what to expect from it, but it will be interesting to see how the author approaches her retelling.

More Than This (More Than #1) by Jay McLean is also a YA/NA contemporary romance

 
 

I think this is a coming of age story and weighed more towards new adult readers, judging by the cover and age of the characters. We'll see.

And if you want to know more about Clifton Chronicles and the A Court Of Thorns and Roses series, click on the cover images of their series openers below:




Apart from the Clifton Chronicles series finale, only one other book caught my fancy in my local library ~ To All The Boys I've Loved Before (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han

 

Well, this sort of cover isn't one that normally draws me in, so it didn't catch my eye, so to speak, but I've heard good things about it on BookTube so when I saw it as I was about to give up on the library, I thought I might as well borrow it and see what I think. According to the blurb on my copy, some love letters that weren't meant to be sent to, or read by, the boys our young protagonist has loved before, get sent out! Oops. I'm sure it will have both romantic and comic consequences, therefore I'm looking forward to reading it.

 
I will review these reads at the end of the month for you, so make sure to come back for that :)


Thank you for reading this post. If you're interested in my debut novel, click the image below to learn more about it:
 


Like all my other books, it's also available on:
iBooks   |   B&N Nook   |   Kobo |   Smashwords 


Book Details

Length: 110,000 words
Genre: Contemporary Romance / Clean Romance / Diverse Romance / Interracial Romance / Romantic Drama / Women’s Fiction
Mood: Inspirational / Feel Good / Coming of Age / Dark
Content: Sexy but No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: New Adult & College / Adult / Female Readers

Recommended for: Readers that enjoy romance novels with serious issues and characters with depth. This is a story about life, love, friendship, family, music, art, destiny and soul mates.


And the first two books in my teen urban fantasy/YA paranormal romance series, the Poison Blood series, can be downloaded for free via:

Amazon USAmazon UK|   iBooks US & UK   |   B&N Nook Store   |   Smashwords





PB1 Book Details

Length: 29,000 words
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance / Teen Vampire Romance / Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy / Teen & YA Urban Fantasy / Young Adult Science Fiction & Fantasy / Supernatural Romance / Fantasy Romance
Mood: Dark / Humorous / Coming of age
Content: No violence / No explicit sex scenes / No erotica
Audience: Teen / Young Adult / New Adult / Adult
Recommended for: Readers that love all things vampires, slayers and witches!