Monday 12 February 2018

#BookReview ~ To All The Boys I've Loved Before Series by Jenny Han

In July 2017, I read To All The Boys I've Loved Before (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han and it became one of my favourite books of the year. And a series that I re-read a few times in 2017. So, I'm posting a quick review on the series.

First up, the cover for book 1 and the short blurb:

Lara Jean keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her.

One for every boy she's ever loved. The letters are for her eyes only.

Until the day they are mailed, and suddenly Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.


My REVIEW

Don't be fooled by the short and sweet blurb, though. There's more to this series than that!

Normally, a book cover like this wouldn't appeal to me, though I quite love it now, and when I saw it at my library, I picked this up only because I'd heard good things about it on BookTube. 


My Rating: 4-stars

It's a sweet, sweet YA contemporary romance novel which I finished in two sittings! It's not a tiny book but the writing is so clean and the narrative so easy to follow that I was addicted. Lara Jean's relationships with her two sisters and widower dad is so cute and her love for baking is so endearing. 

I enjoyed this book so much that I went and downloaded the entire trilogy on my iPhone straight after reading book 1 (I didn't think my library would have the other two books in the series, especially not the recently released book 3, and I just couldn't wait to find out what happened next) and I re-read book 1 as well! That's how much I loved this book. I haven't done that in a long, long time, where I've read a library book (or a free series opener) and then downloaded the follow-up novels.

I just loved everything about the first book ~ so cute and sweet and addictive ~ and I'll go as far as saying, having read the other two books in under two days, that this is probably the sweetest YA series I've ever read. I don't read a lot of sweet romances, but still :)

Though my fave is book 1, I rated both book 2 (P.S. I Still Love You) and book 3 (Always and Forever, Lara Jean) 4-stars also. And I re-read the whole series a few times in 2017!

If you read YA contemporary romance and haven't read this series yet ~ Why not? Do it now. It's that good!

The covers for the other books are below:




Thank you very much for reading this post. My books are available on: 
Apple BooksB&NKoboSmashwords, and Amazon.

My new book, Heir to the Throne (the first book in a new epic royalty fantasy trilogy), is out now, as is the sequel. More details here.