Thursday 3 June 2021

Upcoming Release: Fire to the Sea


This is just as much a surprise to me as it is to you: I have a new book up for pre-order now, wow! Fire to the Sea (Heir to the Throne #2.1) will come out on July 3rd, 2021—on the one-year anniversary of the release of Keys to the Realm (Heir to the Throne #3).

This project is one of the two pieces I put together to celebrate this milestone. Really, it’s a belated celebration of this trilogy, something I didn’t feel like doing last year due to the pandemic. I’m glad I feel like commemorating it now because there’s actually a lot to celebrate about this series:

1️⃣It was the first story idea I got after my son was born in December 2017.

2️⃣It was the first new story I started writing after my son was born.

3️⃣It’s the first epic fantasy series I’ve written in my adult life.

4️⃣It was the first series I managed to write from start to finish without any significant delays, which basically means I didn’t have any personal crises or tragedies to deal with during the two years it took to write it. 

5️⃣It was the first series I managed to publish in the same year.

6️⃣The third book in the trilogy hit no.1 in its category at Apple Books Australia on release day thanks to pre-orders. My older books have hit no.1 before at Apple Books (which only has seven fiction categories compared to the thousands at Amazon), but they didn’t debut at no.1.

7️⃣Three people bought the print editions of these books, which never happens with my paperbacks! I only create print editions so I can have a copy on my bookshelf LOL.

8️⃣Two libraries in the US bought this series in ebook format. Wow! I’m so grateful to the readers that requested this series at their local library—thank you, whoever you are!

So yeah, a lot of things to celebrate. And how does a writer celebrate their writing milestones? With more writing, of course! Haha.

What’s with the “2.1”? I hear you ask. Well, Fire to the Sea is a collection of key scenes from Book 1 and 2 of this trilogy from Wyett’s point of view and includes a bonus scene that’s not in the main series. It’s for fans that want an extra glimpse into Wyett’s head through those scenes (so it’s not compulsory reading), it doesn’t follow on from the events of Book 2, and of course, it has spoilers for the first two books in the series.

Readers discovering this epic fantasy trilogy after July 3rd will have the option to read Fire to the Sea after Book 2 if they want, though it can also be enjoyed by readers that have previously finished all three books. 

This will be the cover (and blurb) on release day; the existing cover at the retailers is to match the H1 2021 editions of the Heir to the Throne Trilogy covers⬇️


“I don’t break hearts, only bones.”


Fire to the Sea is a collection of key scenes from Book 1 and Book 2 of the Heir to the Throne Trilogy from Wyett’s point of view and includes a bonus scene that does not feature in the trilogy.


This bundle is not compulsory reading and does not follow on from the events of Book 2. It includes spoilers for the first two books in the series and therefore should be read after Book 2, though it can also be enjoyed by readers that have finished all three books.


1. SHOT WITH SILVER

Prince Wyett and his siblings, Seth and Quin, are waiting for their father in the Throne Room. King Keyan has just returned from Sidkat Castle after attending to some business in the South—but he has brought someone with him. Who is this stranger with golden skin and eyes that look like water shot with silver? And what does Wyett think of her?


2. HARMONY DANCE

It’s the King’s birthday and as per tradition, the Court is celebrating it with the Harmony Dance. Which means Wyett has to dress up as an angel for the lavish ball and dance. With her. It could not possibly go well. 


3. FLAMING FEATHERS (NEW BONUS SCENE)

What happened after Wyett introduced the flaming feathers to the newest member of his father’s Court?


4. FINDING CEREMONY

The finding ceremony at Moon Lake during the harvest festival has always been the bane of Wyett’s existence. Tonight, he is in a particularly bad mood because his little brother seems to be upset about what Wyett’s future might hold. The only thing that would make the night worse for Wyett would be if he had to dance with her. Or would it?


5. THE DEAD FOREST

Wyett didn’t know that the legends of the Isle of the Damned were actually true—and he might end up losing something he never had because of the cursed Dead Forest.

Also from July 2021, readers of Keys to the Realm will be able to read the scene that takes place immediately after the Epilogue. I always know what happens after The End of all my series so I thought I’d share this with my readers as part of the one-year anniversary celebrations. Here’s a little sneak peek of the cover for this short:


And of course, 
Curse to the Kingdom (Heir to the Throne #0.1) is still free to download; you can get into this series with this novelette:

Apple Books

Kobo

B&N Nook

Or read an excerpt >>here<<

That’s it from me now. Have a great weekend and I’ll speak to you soon.